- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Planning your next adventure in Himalayas? most of the treks in Himalayas are high altitude treks and need proper preparation and planning.
No worries!! Backpack outdoors will help you with the entire preparations like fitness training, practice treks, equipments selections, how to pack smart and much more to experience an unforgettable Himalayan Trek.
Hampta Pass trek is the beginners delight in every way, easy access, dense pine forest, beautiful meadows, adrenaline pumping river crossings and a high altitude mountain pass called Hampta pass. Numbers of wild flowers and herbs grow at the altitude between 3000 to 3800 m. Vertical rock walls, waterfalls, hanging glaciers, tiny lakes, peaks rising above 6000 m are main characteristics of this trek Hampta Pass is a moderate trek with a scope of mixing lot of other adventure activities to suit varying duration and interest of trekkers.
Region – Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Grade – Moderate
Height: 13,800 feet
Hampta Pass trek is giving each adventure lover an option to discover the unique landscape on the Manali side in Himachal Pradesh
Ex Manali - Rs 8500/- p.p. (5D 4 N)
Delhi to Delhi - Rs 13500/- p.p. (8D 7N)
** Pune - Delhi - Pune Air Fare/train transport at actual.
Pune - Delhi - ManaliDeparture to Delhi from Pune. Reach Delhi by afternoon. Board the bus for Manali at 4 pm. Overnight Journey to Patlikuhal. Bus type : Volvo AC semi-sleeper Dinner : Not include
Reporting at base camp in Manali.Get down 20km before at a junction called “Patli-kuhal”. Cabs will be arranged to Rumsu base camp in-between 7am to 9am only. (Participants coming after 9am have to take a share cab for Rumsu base camp by their own.) Reporting to the campsite, freshen up and undergo with registration process. Post breakfast we will go for an acclimatization walk. After walk participants will be distributed Trekking bags, Micro spikes( help you to walk on ice), Gaiters( to prevent snow enter your shoes) and trekking sticks.
Drive to Hampta dam and trek to ChikkaAfter breakfast we will start the day’s trek with a beautiful drive to Hampta dam from Rumsu at 8 am. The trek to Chikka starts from Hampta Dam and is easy. It takes around 2-3 hours to complete it. There is a small forest patch and then two wooden bridges before you reach the campsite. Chikka has big rock boulders and a beautiful waterfall. Overnight in tents at Chikka.
Chikka to Balu ka GheraAfter breakfast start the trek to Balu Ka Ghera. Trek duration is around 4 to 5 hours from Chikka to Balu ka Ghera scaling 11900 feet. The initial part of the trek goes through the bank of the river crossing few rock boulders. There is a water stream that needs to be crossed on the way. Balu ka Ghera is a large plain ground on the bank of the river and camping at this spot is a dream in reality. One can spot Indrasan, the highest peak of Manali valley from here. Snacks would be served in the evening followed by dinner. Overnight camping at Balu Ka Ghera.
Balu Ka Ghera to Hampta Pass and descend to JwaraStart early trek by 6 am in the morning as we try covering the maximum snow patch before sun rise. The trek route from Balu Gehra towards Hampta Pass is a moderate climb, scaling 4,200 meters. The trek route is entirely covered with snow. It takes around 4 to 5 hours to reach the top of the Hampta Pass. We will then descend back to Jwara camp site. Overnight stay at Jwara.
Descend & back to Rumsu base camp for Celebrations nightAfter breakfast start descend towards Hampta dam via same route. The descend is normal and takes around 5 hours. Reach at the base and Jeep ride to Rumsu base camp. Celebration night at base camp / home stay
Manali & Departure to DelhiAfter breakfast leave for Manali. Participants can go for adventure activities like paragliding, rafting or local sightseeing on their own expense. Participants should report 4 pm at Manali bus stand for boarding the bus to Delhi. Extra luggage deposited at Rumsu base camp will be delivered at Manali bus stand. Participants can collect the luggage and board their bus. Lunch and Dinner : Not included
Reach Delhi & departure to PuneReach Delhi between 7am -10 am & Departure to Pune. Breakfast : Not included
- Accommodation in tents during the trek on sharing basis
- Veg meals while on trek
- Trekking equipment (Tents, Sleeping bags, Carry mats)
- Safety equipment
- Personal Insurance
- Rucksack – 60 liters
- souvenirs from Backpack Outdoors
- Semi Sleeper Volvo Bus Tickets (Delhi to Manali and Manali to Delhi)
- Necessary permits
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced trek leader, guide, and support staff
- Travel arrangements from Patalikula to base camp & base camp to Manali.
- Backpack Outdoors Service Charges.
- Pune – Delhi – Pune Train/Airfare.
- Food other than mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Any other expenses occurring due to natural calamities or reasons beyond our control.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
• Trekking shoes: Carry trekking shoes good grip and ankle support. Do not carry sports shoes.
• Three layers of warm clothes: Carry two or three-layer jackets, fleece jackets and a padded jacket.
• Two/Three trek pants: Carry light cotton trek pants. Denim/jeans and shorts are not suitable for trekking.
• Three t-shirts (collared/dri-fit): Full sleeved t-shirts that prevent sunburns on the neck and arms. Carry one or two dri-fit t-shirts.
• Thermals: Carry thermals (top and bottom).
• Sunglasses: Sunglasses are mandatory. There will be lot of snow on the trek and can cause snow blindness.
• Cap: At high altitude, the sun is extra harsh so carry a cap to protect yourself.
• Waterproof hand gloves: Carry waterproof gloves and avoid woolen gloves as they will get wet if you touch snow.
• Socks (3-4 pairs) and a pair of woolen socks: Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woolen socks for the night.
• Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
• Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that you don’t get wet. The trek will continue as planned even during rainfall. Your poncho should protect you from the rain. Carry a backpack cover for extra protection from rain for your belongings.
• Daypack (20 liters): You will need this to carry water bottles, lunch box, and personal medical kit in case you decide to offload your backpack.
• Lunchbox and water bottle: Every participant should have their personal lunch box and a good water bottle.