- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Kedarkantha is a wonderful trek, with pretty campsites and stunning 360-degree views of mountain summits. You will come across snow around 10,000 ft, lying on the forest floor among the pine trees. The route to Sankri is one of the most beautiful drives in the Indian Himalayas. Kedarkantha in winter, the temperature during the day will be at around 8-12 degrees and at night, the temperature will drop to -5 to -7 degrees. So if you wanna enjoy some snow, join us on this winter adventure.
- Location: Sankri, Dehradoon
- Level: Moderate
- Height : 12,500 ft
- Weather: Extremely cold
Batch 1: 18 Dec 2021
Batch 2: 22 Jan 2022
Rs 8000/- Ex Sankri (includes Kedarkantha Trek and Souvenirs)
Rs 14500/- Dehradun - Kedarkantha Trek - Masoori (includes transport, trek, accommodations, food, sightseeing, souvenirs)
* Airfare or Train fare additional.
Duration: 8 Days /7Nights
Batch 1: 18 Dec 2021
Batch 2: 22 Jan 2022
Pune - Dehradun Flight
Departure from Pune to Dehradun by flight. Reach Dehradun, check-in to hotel. Free time.
Deharadun - Sankri (6400 FT)
Freshen up and leave for Sankri. Drive from Deharadun to Sankri is 200 kms. Reach Sankri around 4 pm. Sankri is the starting point of the trek. Sankri is a beautiful village in the Uttarkashi district. The entire trek route is very scenic and mesmerizing, with especially the last part in which we pass through Govind wildlife sanctuary. (Dinner)
Sankri to Juda Ka Taal (9000 FT, 5 Kms trek)
Start early after breakfast, trek to Juda Ka Taal. The trek distance is approx
5 Kms. There are chances to spot woodpecker on the way as they are pretty common in the region. Encounter a larger green meadow on the way, which is generally used as lunch point for the trekkers. Swargarohini peak can be seen from here. The trek is easy with full of amazing views. Overnight stay at Juda Ka Taal.
Juda ka Taal to Kedarkantha Base Camp (11,200 FT, 4 Kms trek)
Start early trek to Kedarkantha base camp. It takes around 2-3 hours to reach Kedarkantha base camp. At night, the snow-clad mountain peaks shines bright as the moon, and Kedarkantha can be seen clearly from the campsite. Overnight stay at Kedarkantha base camp (B/L/D)
Kedarkantha Base Camp – Kedarkantha (12,500 FT) – Hargaon (8,450 FT, 6 Kms trek)
Wake up call at 2:30 am for the summit. The trek is strenuous as it gets steep at few points. The trek commences at 4 am with head torches at a slow-moving pace towards the summit. It’s a great chance to experience the colours of the sky. The summit offers some of the most spectacular views of Yamunotri and Gangotri Ranges. At summit spend some time and return to Hargaon campsite. (B/L/D)
Hargaon –Sankri (6 Kms trek) -Masoori (drive)
It’s an easy trek. It usually takes around 3 hours to descend from Hargaon to Sankri. After trek departure to Masoori. Overnight stay. (B/D)
Masoori siteseeing - Dehradun drop
After Breakfast, visit Masoori, Full day site seeing. Evening drop to Dehradun Railway station. Night Board train/bus to Delhi. Overnight Journey. (Breakfast)
Early morning reach Delhi. Start return journey to Delhi/Pune by Flight/Train
- Stay in good quality tents during the entire trek (3-4 people in a tent)
- Veg meals while on trek
- Camping gear
- Safety and trekking equipment
- Travel Insurance
- Necessary permits
- First aid medical kits
- Transport from Dehradun - Sankri - Masoori (siteseeing) - Dehradun (for Option 2)
- Accommodation in Dehradun 1 night (Option2)
- Accommodation in Masoori 1 night (Option 2)
- Food in Dehradun and Masoori as per itinerary (Day 1 and 6: Dinner included)
- Souvenirs from Backpack Outdoors.
- Qualified and experienced trek leader & mountaineer, guide, and support staff.
- Backpack Outdoors leader from Pune to Pune
- Service Charge
- Pune – Dehradun – Pune Train/Airfare
- Food during the travel and other than mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Food during the day of Masoori siteseeing.
- Any other expenses occurring due to natural calamities or reasons beyond our control.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
• Trekking shoes: Carry trekking shoes good grip and ankle support. Do not carry sports shoes.
• Three layers of warm clothes: Carry two or three-layer jackets, fleece jackets and a padded jacket.
• Two/Three trek pants: Carry light cotton trek pants. Denim/jeans and shorts are not suitable for trekking.
• Three t-shirts (collared/dri-fit): Full sleeved t-shirts that prevent sunburns on the neck and arms. Carry one or two dri-fit t-shirts.
• Thermals: Carry thermals (top and bottom).
• Sunglasses: Sunglasses are mandatory. There will be lot of snow on the trek and can cause snow blindness.
• Cap: At high altitude, the sun is extra harsh so carry a cap to protect yourself.
• Waterproof hand gloves: Carry waterproof gloves and avoid woolen gloves as they will get wet if you touch snow.
• Socks (3-4 pairs) and a pair of woolen socks: Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woolen socks for the night.
• Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
• Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that you don’t get wet. The trek will continue as planned even during rainfall. Your poncho should protect you from the rain. Carry a backpack cover for extra protection from rain for your belongings.
• Daypack (20 liters): You will need this to carry water bottles, lunch box, and personal medical kit in case you decide to offload your backpack.
• Lunchbox and water bottle: Every participant should have their personal lunch box and a good water bottle.