- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
When you think of Ladakh, what springs to mind? Land of high passes, Majestic Mountains, cold deserts, snow-covered roads, heavenly blue lakes, many more.
Backpack Outdoors introduces a perfect plan to Explore & Experience the barren beauty and most popular destinations in Leh – Ladakh. This itinerary fits perfectly into any travelers schedule. We plan to explore the best of Ladakh with the most awesome experiences possible.
• Travel through the highest mountain passes of the world
• Experience Tibetan culture
• Experience Luxurious Camping
• Enjoy spectacular views throughout
• Majestic Pangong Tso
There are two option for the traveller to explore Ladakh. Traveller who is restricted to the days can choose option -1 which is Leh to Leh where we are covering almost all the famous places of the region.
Those who want to wonder more n want to soak into the beauty of Ladakh for some more days, can extend their schedule by couple of days and experience the beautiful terrains on Leh - Manali highway.
Pune/ New Delhi – Leh (Travel & Acclimatization)Take early morning flight to reach Leh. Airport pick up & transfer to Hotel. Acclimatization day & evening visit/Small hike to Shanti Stupa (Built by Japanese monks to celebrate 2,000 yrs of Buddhism). (Breakfast, Dinner in Leh).
Leh - Shyam valley (30 km)Post breakfast, departure to Shyam valley. Beautiful roads and amazing views of mountains and rivers (Indus, Zanskar etc.) Visit Pathar Sahib Gurudwara & have lunch at Langar(optional). This day we explore places around Leh for its beauty, this also helps in acclimatization to high altitude. Visit Nimu sangam, magnetic hill on the way back to Leh visit Hall of Fame. Attend the Hall of Fame Grand Parade with ease! (must see). Night stay in Leh. (Breakfast, Dinner)
Leh – Khardungla - Nubra Valley (5.30 Hrs – 120 Km)Big Day. After Breakfast drive to Nubra Valley via Khardungla *One of the highest motorable pass in the world (18,380 feet). On the way you get an excellent view of great Karakoram Range. Keep driving through Syhok River & en route lunch at Khardung village. Evening visit sand dunes & experience cold dessert with the view of double humped camels etc. Overnight stay at Nubra. (Breakfast at Leh, Dinner at Hunder).
Nubra Valley - Pangong Lake via Shyok valley (7- Hrs - 270 Km)This is another day of a daring off-roading experience as you traverse through untamed paths in the high mountains. The route leads to the beautiful Pangong Tso (lake) - Shared lake between India and China via Shyok River. It is quite challenging yet thrilling and is generally used by the army. On arrival, prepare for a captivating view of the lake. Spend some time at the banks of Pangong Lake. This famous blue brackish Lake of Pangong is 5/6 kms wide and over 144 km long and is shared by two countries (25% India and 75% China). Overnight luxury camping experience. (Breakfast in Nubra, Dinner at Pangong).
Pangong Lake - Changla - Leh (6 Hrs one way – 140 Km)Early morning after Breakfast travel through Changla Pass 17,350 ft. (High Motorable Pass). Visit Hemis Monastery & Thicksey Monastery enroute & arrive Leh in the evening. Overnight stay in Leh. (Breakfast in Pangong, Dinner at Leh).
Local LehYou can explore local market & nearby places on your own. Free time for shopping and to visit any places left to explore. Evening free at leisure & gala dinner. This is a very useful buffer day, in case of harsh weather or bad road conditions. Overnight stay at Leh. (Breakfast, Gala Dinner in Leh).
Fly Leh - New Delhi/ PuneTOUR ENDS!! Or
Leh - Jispa (9.30 Hrs one way – 330 Km)Leave for Jispa, after enjoying the breakfast. Cross the high passes like Nakee La, Lachung La, and Tanglang La. Say goodbye to the beauty of Ladakh and travel along the curvy roads to Himachal Pradesh. Reach Jispa and stay for the night.
- Jispa - Manali (5.30 Hrs one way – 137 Km)Cross the ever mesmerizing Rohtang Pass & Baralach La and reach Manali by evening. Evening Gala Dinner with celebration and lots of fun and sharing from all travelers.
- Stay on sharing basis in hotels & luxurious tents
- Stay in Leh for 04 nights
- Stay in Nubra Valley for 01 night
- Stay in Pangong Lake for 01 night
- Stay in Jispa for 1 Night (option 2)
- Stay at Manali for 1 Night (option 2)
- Food during trip – Breakfast & dinner
- Transport by SUV for jeep safari
- Bikes – 500 cc Royal Enfield or Himalayan for bike package
- Fuel for bikers, support vehicle and mechanic
- All necessary Permits
- Pick up drop from Leh airport in taxis
- Backpack Outdoors souvenirs
- Backpack Outdoors Expert leaders & Service Charge
- Flight to Leh & travel from Manali to back to your destination
- Food other than mentioned in the Itinerary
- Any other expenses occurring due to natural calamities or reasons beyond our control.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
1. Clothes as needed (6 – 7 pairs) & undergarments as needed.
2. Heavy Woolen Clothing
( Jacket/s + Sweater/s + Cap/s + Socks + Glove/s + Inner upper & lower Thermal/s + Fleece Balaclava + Fleece Nightwear )
3. Hiking Boots / Shoes (Preferably Warm)
4. Towel, napkins etc
5. Raincoat / Wind-cheater (upper & lower)
6. Personal toiletries + toilet Roll/s
7. Personal Water Bottle (Preferably Thermos bottle/flask)
8. Torch with Batteries
9. 1-2 Power Bank/s (for emergency charging of Cameras & Phone)
10. BSNL/JIO sim card
11. Personal Medication
12. Plastic bags to protect our belongings from rains etc.