- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Planning your next adventure in Himalayas? most of the treks in Himalayas are high altitude treks and need proper preparation and planning.
No worries!! Backpack outdoors will help you with the entire preparations like fitness training, practice treks, equipments selections, how to pack smart and much more to experience an unforgettable Himalayan Trek.
Region -Kasol, Himachal Pradesh
Grade – Moderate
Height– 13,800 feet
Age Group – 15 years +
Sar valley overlooks the beautiful Parvati valley abundant in natural treasure. Studded with ethereal snow-covered peaks. The valley is surrounded by snow clad mountains, perennial streams, waterfalls, and lush green forests. It is the seventh heaven for any adventurous traveler and nature lovers. Himachal Pradesh is one of India's favorite’s destinations for adventure-seekers. The base camp of the trek is on the banks of Parvati river, a beauty called ‘ Kasol’.
Pune - Delhi - ManaliDeparture to Delhi from Pune. Reach Delhi by afternoon. Board the bus for Manali at 4 pm. Overnight Journey to Patlikuhal. Bus type : Volvo AC semi-sleeper
Reaching Kasol (Suma Ropa base camp)Check in to camp at Suma Ropa, Kasol. All the participants will undergo through registration procedure after breakfast and freshening up. Post lunch acclimatization walk to Chalal village. Orientation will be given in the evening.
Trek to Grahan village (6-7 hours)Trek will commence at 7 am from Kasol to Grahan. The trek starts from the centre of Kasol and keeps to the true left of the Grahan nalah. The trail is easy and frequently used by locals.The trail goes through lovely pine forests. The ascend is gentle and easy. One can effortlessly cover much distance in a couple of hours. After Grahan nalah the trail becomes rocky and climbing uphill, away from the right bank of the river. Buras (Rhododendrons) grows in the forest here. After a steep climb of about an hour, one reaches the village of Grahan, situated at the top. Overnight stay in tents at Grahan.
Grahan to Mung Thach (5-6 hours)In the morning we climb towards the north of camping ground at Grahan. Villagers can be seen using this path for Mung Thach. After walking for a while, one can see Mung Thach, Nagaru, and Sar Top on the mountain to the right. The trail also becomes steeper and leads into the woods. The slope becomes steeper and the path is confusing in some places. After crossing the forest we arrive to Mung Thach. Overnight in tents at Mung Thach.
Mun Thach to Nagaru (4 hours) (High Altitude Camp)Trek from Mung Thach to Nagaru is a short but difficult part. The slope falls steeply to the valley. After crossing steep slope for a couple of hours, one finally reaches Nagaru campsite. Facing north, one can see magnificent mountains across the Parvati valley. Night is very cold due to the chilling wind. It is advisable to sleep early to avoid cold and the next day involves an early start.
Nagaru to Biskeri Thach via Sar Pass (7-8 hours)Next day we have to make an early start, as the climb is steep through the snow. Sar pass and the elevated peaks of the Tosh valley are now visible. As one reaches the top, the view is exhilarating. After that the slide is the most fun and completely safe as long as some precautions are taken. The slide takes one as far as a kilometre to a gentler slope of the valley. Valley arrives after walking for an hour from Sar Pass. We will then continue the trek through some dense rhododendron bushes towards Biskeri Thach campsite. Overnight stay in tents at Biskeri Thach.
Biskeri Thach to Barshaini and drive back to Kasol base camp (4-5 hours)Biskeri presents a sublime view of the pine forests, the majestic mountains and the lovely grasslands. From Biskeri we will descend towards Pulga village. The descend is easy and takes around 4-5 hours to reach Pulga. From Pulga we will continue to descend to cross Parvati river and then climb to reach village Barshaini. Jeep ride to Kasol base camp. Overnight stay in Kasol.
Departure to DelhiExplore Kasol, and departure to Delhi by 6 pm
Reach Delhi & departure to PuneReach Delhi around 6-9 am & Departure to Pune
- Stay in good quality tents on 3 or 4 sharing during the entire trek
- All Veg meals from Kasol to kasol
- One night stay in home stay or hostel (last day)
- Transport: Delhi- kasol-Delhi or Pune – Kasol – Pune (as per booking)
- Camping charges
- Safety equipment
- Trekking equipment (Tents, Sleeping bags, carry mats)
- Travel Insurance
- Necessary permits
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced trek leader & mountaineer, guide, and support staff from Backpack Outdoors
- Backpack Outdoors Service Charge
- Food other than mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Meals in transit
- Any other expenses occurring due to natural calamities or reasons beyond our control.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
• Trekking shoes: Carry trekking shoes good grip and ankle support. Do not carry sports shoes.
• Three layers of warm clothes: Carry two or three-layer jackets, fleece jackets and a padded jacket.
• Two/Three trek pants: Carry light cotton trek pants. Denim/jeans and shorts are not suitable for trekking.
• Three t-shirts (collared/dri-fit): Full sleeved t-shirts that prevent sunburns on the neck and arms. Carry one or two dri-fit t-shirts.
• Thermals: Carry thermals (top and bottom).
• Sunglasses: Sunglasses are mandatory. There will be lot of snow on the trek and can cause snow blindness.
• Cap: At high altitude, the sun is extra harsh so carry a cap to protect yourself.
• Waterproof hand gloves: Carry waterproof gloves and avoid woolen gloves as they will get wet if you touch snow.
• Socks (3-4 pairs) and a pair of woolen socks: Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woolen socks for the night.
• Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
• Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that you don’t get wet. The trek will continue as planned even during rainfall. Your poncho should protect you from the rain. Carry a backpack cover for extra protection from rain for your belongings.
• Daypack (20 liters): You will need this to carry water bottles, lunch box, and personal medical kit in case you decide to offload your backpack.
• Lunchbox and water bottle: Every participant should have their personal lunch box and a good water bottle.