Kalavantin Durg is known as the ‘Stairways to Heaven’. It has nicely carved (rock-cut) steps which comes out from the belly of the fort. Kalavantin is a 685m high pinnacle on the northern edge of the Prabal plateau. The more prominent Prabalgad Fort located at an elevation of 766 meters on Prabal plateau, lies to the south of Kalavantin. Kalavantin Pinnacle trek is divided into two patches, first is uphill terrain till Prabalmachi where the trek route is divided for Kalavantin Durg and Prabalgad. The second patch for Kalavantin steep hike, thrilling climb using rock-cut steps. We can spot this hill from the Mumbai-Pune expressway, thanks to its V- shape, located right next to the Prabalgad hill.
– Breathtaking panoramic view of the Sayadhris
– Amazing star-studded adventure
– Experience the twinkling lights of Panvel, Navi Mumbai, and nearby areas
– Tent Stay
– Sunrise view of Sahyadri ranges
Date: 1st- 2nd Dec, Sat-Sun
Grade: – Medium (Thrilling Rock climb in the end)
Endurance: Moderate to difficult
11.00 pm- Burger King, Paud Road
11.20 pm- Opp Wadeshwer, FC Road, Deccan
11.35 pm- Pune University (Bus stop after flyover on Aundh road)
11.55 pm- Bremen Chowk, Aundh
12.10 am- Wakad (Under Hinjewadi flyover)
Day-1 1st Dec 2018
11.00 pm – Assemble and departure from outside Burger King. And En route pickups.
Day- 2 2nd Dec 2018
03.00 am – Reach base village. Start trek to Prabalmachi (Plateau).
05.00 am – Reach Prabalmachi. Relax time. Have Chai biscuits.
06.00 am – Start trek to Kalavantin Durg, Reach top, explore.
10.00 am – Come back. Have breakfast at Prabalmachi.
12.00 pm – Start to descend at base village. Reach base village.
12.30 pm – Departure for Pune. Lunch on the way.
04.00 pm- Reach Pune (30min+/-)
Cost: Rs 1100/- per person.
**2.5% online booking charges will be extra. (to avoid transaction charges call us )
Cost includes – Transport Pune – Pune, Early morning tea & biscuits, 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (in a restaurant on the way), Basic first aid, safety equipment, expertise and lots of fun.
Cost excludes – Anything that is not specifically mentioned in fees includes.
Things to Carry:
• Torch with extra batteries (Mandatory)
• Good quality trekking/sports shoes for the trek
• Comfortable footwear to wear when not on trek (optional)
• Personal medication (Basic first aid will be available)
• Water bottle(2 liters) and emergency food like plum cakes, biscuits (for trek)
• Electral/ORS (Mandatory)
• Extra clothes as needed
• Mosquitoes repellent (just in case)
• Winter clothes (it gets cold during the night)
The last date to register 29th Nov 2018, thereafter if available.
For booking click on below link:
Mayur Khivasara: +91-9823996112
If you are unable to connect or your phone is not answered kindly send an SMS or WhatsApp.
Flat no 3, ground floor,
Vignesh Apartment, Near Jost Engg company,
Opp Rawat furniture showroom,
Paud Road, Kothrud,
Office Timings:12.00pm to 06.00pm
** Please note that your registration will be confirmed only after the payment of the entire fees is done and registration form is filled.
Cancellation Policy :(for details policy please refer our website:www.backpackoutdoors.in)
• The request for cancellation and refund if any should be made in the Cancellation Form, duly signed by the traveler/guardian or by e-mail sent from the travelers personal ID.
• Cancellation request will be received during working days and during working hours. It will be processed form the time of receipt of the form or email.
• Refund will be paid by cheque only (not cash) or account transfers within 15 days of event conclusion.
• Backpack outdoors reserves all rights to modify/change any program/event.
For any reason of cancellation, cancellation charges will be applicable as follows
• For more than 7 days prior to departure, 90% of the program fees will be refunded, or 100% amount can be remitted for future programs conducted within the next 3 months of the amt paid.
• For cancellation done more than 3 days and less than 7 days prior to the departure date, 50% of program fees will be refunded.
• No refund will be made if cancellation is made within 3 days prior to the departure date of the event.
• If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
• If the event is canceled by Backpack Outdoors due to the insufficient number of people, or any other situation then the full amount will be refunded or adjusted in the next event.