Kedarkantha is a wonderful trek, with pretty campsites and stunning 360-degree views of mountain summits. You will come across snow around 10,000 ft, lying on the forest floor among the pine trees. The route to Sankri is one of the most beautiful drives in the Indian Himalayas. Kedarkantha in winter, the temperature during the day will be at around 8-12 degrees and at night, the temperature will drop to -5 to -7 degrees. So if you wanna enjoy some snow, join us on this winter adventure.
Date- 22nd -28th Dec 2018
Day 1 : Pune – Dehradun
Reach Delhi by afternoon and departure to Dehradun by evening. Overnight journey to Dehradun
Day 2: Arrival in Sankri (6400 FT)
Reach Deharadun and start journey to Sankri early morning by 6am. Drive from Deharadun to Reach Sankri is 200kms and will reach Sankri around 4 pm. Sankri is the starting point of the trek. Sankri is a beautiful village in the Uttarkashi district. The entire trek route is very scenic and mesmerizing, with especially the last part in which we pass through Govind wildlife sanctuary.
Day 3: Sankri to Juda Ka Taal (9000 FT, 5 Kms trek)
Start early after breakfast, trek to Juda Ka Taal. The trek distance is approx
5 Kms. There are chances to spot woodpecker on the way as they are pretty common in the region. Encounter a larger green meadow on the way, which is generally used as lunch point for the trekkers. Swargarohini peak can be seen from here. The trek is easy with full of amazing views. Overnight stay at Juda Ka Taal.
Day 4: Juda ka Taal to Kedarkantha Base Camp (11,200 FT, 4 Kms trek)
Start early trek to Kedarkantha base camp. It takes around 2-3 hours to reach Kedarkantha base camp. At night, the snow-clad mountain peaks shines bright as the moon, and Kedarkantha can be seen clearly from the campsite. Overnight stay at Kedarkantha base camp
Day 5: Kedarkantha Base Camp – Kedarkantha (12,500 FT) – Hargaon (8,450 FT, 6 Kms trek)
Wake up call at 2:30 am for the summit. The trek is strenuous as it gets steep at few points. The trek commences at 4 am with head torches at a slow-moving pace towards the summit. It’s a great chance to experience the colours of the sky. The summit offers some of the most spectacular views of Yamunotri and Gangotri Ranges. At summit spend some time and return to Hargaon campsite.
Day 6: Hargaon –Sankri (6 Kms trek)
It’s an easy trek. It usually takes around 3 hours to descend from Hargaon to Sankri. Leave for Dehradun. Overnight stay at Dehradun
Day 7: Dehradun -Delhi-Pune
Early checkout from Dehradun to Delhi. Reach Delhi. Start return journey to Pune by Flight/Train
Tour Cost: Ex Dehradun
Rs. 12500/- pp (till – 1st Nov 2018)
Rs. 13500/- pp (After 1st Nov 2018)
** +2.5 % bank charges if paid online.
Booking amount – Rs.5000/pp (rest to be paid by 15 Nov 2018)
A) Cost includes –
1. Stay in good quality tents during the entire trek (3-4 people in a tent)
2. Veg meals while on trek
3. Dehradun- Sankari – Dehradun transport
4. 1 night stay in Dehradun
6. Camping gear
8. Safety and trekking equipment
9. Travel Insurance
10. Necessary permits
11. First aid medical kits
12. Qualified and experienced trek leader & mountaineer, guide, and support staff.
13. Backpack Outdoors leader from Pune to Pune
14. Service Charge
* Pune – Dehradun – Pune Train/Airfare.
* Food during the travel and other than mentioned in the Itinerary.
* Any other expenses occurring due to natural calamities or reasons beyond our control.
A) Pune Delhi Flight –
Pune- Delhi- Pune
1. Pune – Dehradun flight can be used which will increase 1-night stay at Dehradun prior to departure to Sankri
2. Train – Duronto Express /Goa Express/ Rajdhani Express
B) Delhi Dehradun – Train / Bus
All travel related assistance (Pune to Pune) will be provided.
Contact us for any other dates or customized tour requirements.
Things To Carry
• Trekking shoes: Carry trekking shoes good grip and ankle support. Do not carry sports shoes.
• Three layers of warm clothes: Carry two or three-layer jackets, fleece jackets and a padded jacket.
• Two/Three trek pants: Carry light cotton trek pants. Denim/jeans and shorts are not suitable for trekking.
• Three t-shirts (collared/dri-fit): Full sleeved t-shirts that prevent sunburns on the neck and arms. Carry one or two dri-fit t-shirts.
• Thermals: Carry thermals (top and bottom).
• Sunglasses: Sunglasses are mandatory. There will be lot of snow on the trek and can cause snow blindness.
• Cap: At high altitude, the sun is extra harsh so carry a cap to protect yourself.
• Waterproof hand gloves: Carry waterproof gloves and avoid woolen gloves as they will get wet if you touch snow.
• Socks (3-4 pairs) and a pair of woolen socks: Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woolen socks for the night.
• Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
• Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that you don’t get wet. The trek will continue as planned even during rainfall. Your poncho should protect you from the rain. Carry a backpack cover for extra protection from rain for your belongings.
• Daypack (20 liters): You will need this to carry water bottles, lunch box, and personal medical kit in case you decide to offload your backpack.
• Lunchbox and water bottle: Every participant should have their personal lunch box and a good water bottle.
Mayur Khivasara: +91-9823996112
If you are unable to connect or your phone is not answered kindly send a SMS or WhatsApp.
Flat no 3, ground floor,
Vignesh Apartment, Near Jost Engg company,
Opp Rawat furniture showroom,
Paud road, Kothrud,
Office Timings: 12pm to 6.30 pm
** Please note that your registration will be confirmed only after the payment of the entire fees is done and registration form is filled.
Cancellation Policy (for details policy please refer our website:www.backpackoutdoors.in)
• The request for cancellation and refund if any should be made in the Cancellation Form, duly signed by the traveler/guardian or by e-mail sent from the travelers personal ID.
• Cancellation request will be received during working days and during working hours. It will be processed form the time of receipt of the form or email.
• Refund will be paid by cheque only(not cash) or account transfers within 15 days of event conclusion.
• Backpack Outdoors reserves all rights to modify/change any program/event.
For any reason of cancellation, cancellation charges will be applicable as follows
• For more than 7 days prior to departure, 90% of the program fees will be refunded, or 100% amount can be remitted for future programs conducted within next 3 months of the amt paid.
• For cancellation done more than 3 days and less than 7 days prior to the departure date, 50% of program fees will be refunded.
• No refund will be made if cancellation is made within 3 days prior to the departure date of the event.
• If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
• If the event is canceled by Backpack Outdoors due to an insufficient number of people then the full amount will be refunded or adjusted in next event.