Snow-capped peaks, the Beas River and thick pine wood trees around Manali, makes it best destination for a vacation in Himachal Pradesh during winters. The entire Manali Valley looks beautiful during the winters – pure white beauty! The wisest way to observe, learn and explore with an Eco-friendly way of traveling is trekking. “Snow Trek in Manali” offers one a healthy and natural way of traveling.
Location: Naggar, Manali
Height: 10,500 ft
Day 1: Pune – Delhi by Flight / Train-
Reach Delhi by 12 pm. Board the bus for Manali at 4 pm. Overnight Journey.
DAY 2: Reporting at Naggar
Reach Manali. Reporting at Naggar base camp before 10 am. An acclimatization walk to Naggar castle, Gauri Shankar temple, Tripura Sundari temple and Nicholas Roerich art gallery.
DAY 3: Trek to Rumsu camp
After breakfast start trek towards Rumsu village. It takes around one hour to reach Rumsu via trek. Post lunch head for a short trek to the nearby village of Rumsu. Overnight stay at Rumsu camp.
DAY 4: Snow trek to Sterling camp
Sterling is a dark green meadow amidst the dense Himalayan forest, with gentle snow slopes where participants can enjoy lot of snow activities. The trek to Sterling is a steep climb and takes around two to three hours to reach. Overnight stay at Sterling camp.
DAY 5: Descend to Rumsu and drop at Manali
After breakfast trek to Rumsu village, which generally takes two hours and it’s an easy descend. Participants can explore Manali for rest of the day, shop souvenirs. Board a bus for Delhi at 6 PM. Overnight Journey
DAY 6: Departure to Pune
Reach Delhi by 10 am. Delhi- Pune Flight/Train
Tour Cost: Rs. 8800/- per person
(Book before 5th Nov 18)
Booking amount – Rs.3500/pp
(Balance can be paid by 10th Dec)
Rs. 9000/- pp after 5th Nov 18
*Cost is Delhi to Delhi. Pune Delhi Pune flight or train bookings will be charged at actual.
A) Cost includes –
1. Stay in tents during the entire trek
2. Veg meals while on the trek
3.Delhi – Manali – Delhi Volvo
7. Safety equipment
8. Trekking equipment (Tents, Sleeping bags, carry mats)
9. Travel Insurance
11.First aid medical kits
12.Qualified and experienced trek leader, guide, and support staff
13.Backpack Outdoors leader from Pune to Pune
B) Cost does not include –
1. Pune – New Delhi – Pune Train/Airfare (All bookings can be done by us on additional cost at actual)
2. Food other than mentioned in the Itinerary.
3. Any other expenses occurring due to natural calamities or reasons beyond our control.
Flight – Pune- Delhi- Pune
Train – Duronto Express /Goa Express/ Rajdhani Express
All travel related assistance (Pune to Pune) will be provided.
Things to carry-
• Trekking shoes: Carry trekking shoes good grip and ankle support. Do not carry sports shoes.
• Three layers of warm clothes: Carry two or three-layer jackets, fleece jackets and a padded jacket.
• Two/Three trek pants: Carry light cotton trek pants. Denim/jeans and shorts are not suitable for trekking.
• Three t-shirts (collared/dry-fit): Full sleeved t-shirts that prevent sunburns on the neck and arms. Carry one or two dry-fit t-shirts.
• Thermals: Carry thermals (top and bottom).
• Sunglasses: Sunglasses are mandatory. There will be lot of snow on the trek and can cause snow blindness.
• Cap: At high altitude, the sun is extra harsh so carry a cap to protect yourself.
• Waterproof hand gloves: Carry waterproof gloves and avoid woolen gloves as they will get wet if you touch snow.
• Socks (3-4 pairs) and a pair of woolen socks: Apart from two sports socks, you can take a pair of woolen socks for the night.
• Headlamp/LED torch: Mandatory
• Raincoat/Ponchos: At high altitudes, snowfall and rain are quite common and it’s mandatory to carry a poncho so that you don’t get wet. The trek will continue as planned even during rainfall. Your poncho should protect you from the rain. Carry a backpack cover for extra protection from rain for your belongings.
• Daypack (20 liters): You will need this to carry water bottles, lunch box, and personal medical kit in case you decide to offload your backpack.
• Lunchbox and water bottle: Every participant should have their personal lunch box and a good water bottle.
Contact us for any other dates or customized tour requirements.
Mayur Khivasara: +91-9823996112
If you are unable to connect or your phone is not answered kindly send a SMS or WhatsApp.
Flat no 3, ground floor,
Vignesh Apartment, Near Jost Engg company,
Opp Rawat furniture showroom,
Paud road, Kothrud,
Office Timings: 12pm to 6.30 pm
** Please note that your registration will be confirmed only after the payment of the entire fees is done and registration form is filled.
Cancellation Policy (for details policy please refer our website:www.backpackoutdoors.in)
• The request for cancellation and refund if any should be made in the Cancellation Form, duly signed by the traveler/guardian or by e-mail sent from the travelers personal ID.
• Cancellation request will be received during working days and during working hours. It will be processed form the time of receipt of the form or email.
• Refund will be paid by cheque only(not cash) or account transfers within 15 days of event conclusion.
• Backpack Outdoors reserves all rights to modify/change any program/event.
For any reason of cancellation, cancellation charges will be applicable as follows
• For more than 7 days prior to departure, 90% of the program fees will be refunded, or 100% amount can be remitted for future programs conducted within the next 3 months of the amt paid.
• For cancellation done more than 3 days and less than 7 days prior to the departure date, 50% of program fees will be refunded.
• No refund will be made if cancellation is made within 3 days prior to the departure date of the event.
• If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
• If the event is canceled by Backpack Outdoors due to an insufficient number of people then the full amount will be refunded or adjusted in the next event.