Spiti is a perfect place where India and Tibet blend graciously. Spiti valley which means “Middle Land” is located in the northeastern part of Himachal Pradesh also popularly known as “Little Tibet”.
A visit to Spiti Valley is like time travel; you get in a time machine and travel to a world and time unknown. Spiti is a cold desert mountain valley with barren hills, grey scree slopes, pristine lakes along with some of the world’s highest inhabited villages with beautiful monasteries perched dramatically over its landscape. It’s the perfect place to experience diverse cultures and see some of the toughest lands where cultivation happens.
A Road trip would mean travelling through some the world’s toughest roads and high mountain passes with breathtaking views.
Would you want to experience it….?
• Experience diverse cultures, food, and architecture.
• Travel through world’s most adventurous roads via various high altitude passes – Rohtang pass, Kunzum la etc.
• Chandratal – one of the most beautiful high altitude lake which is moon shaped.
• Explore the Fossils trail in Spiti valley.
• Visit and experience the oldest monastery in the world.
11 Days /10 Nights
29th Aug – 8th Sep 2018
(Shimla –Narkanda – Chitkul – Nako – Tabo – Dhankar – Mud – Kaza – Losar – Chandratal – Rohtang – Manali)
Few destinations on the trip:
Chitkul – Chitkul is the last inhabited village near the Indo-Tibet border. The Indian road ends here. During winters, the place mostly remains covered with the snow
Nako & Kalpa – Nako Lake which is located amidst extremely hilly terrains. Kalpa is one of the biggest and the most beautiful villages of Kinnaur. The massive snow laden ranges which provide a regal dignity to the scene are dominated by the peak of Kinner Kailash.
Tabo –Oldest Monastery in the world
Mud (Pin Valley)- In Mud Village, all the mountains have different textures, colours. And this is out of the world amazing experience
Dhankar Monastery, Kaza & – Old Dhankar monastery and a beautiful big town Kaza.
KI – KIBBER – Langza, Komic- A visit to Ki Monastery, the largest one in Himachal. Kibber, Langza – highest inhabited village and Komic village – Fossil trail,
Hikkim – world highest post office.
Losar- It’s peaceful, soothing, and absolutely delightful. There are magnificent mountains, stunning rivers, and breathtaking vistas in Losar
Chandratal- Chandratal Lake “Chandra” (Moon) and “Taal” (Lake) from the crescent shape of the lake. Watch the lake change colours from crystal clear shades of blur to emerald greens by dusk.
Tour Cost: Rs. 25000/-
Booking amount is Rs ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬5000/-
(Minimum Batch of 10 people)
A) Cost includes –
1. Accommodation in neat & clean Hotels / Guest Houses / Homestays during the trip.
2. Veg meals (breakfast & Dinner) while on the trip.
3. Transport and site seeing from Shimla to Manali by Jeep / Tempo traveler (as per on group size)
4. Necessary permits
5. First aid medical kits
6. Qualified and experienced tour leader.
7. Travel Insurance.
8. Backpack Outdoors Service Charges.
(B) Cost does not include –
* Pune – Shimla Train/Bus/Airfare.
* Manali- Pune Train/Bus/Airfare.
* Food other than mentioned in the Itinerary.
* Any other expenses occurring due to natural calamities or reasons beyond our control.
Note: all travel assistance from Pune to Pune can be provided.
Contact us for any other dates or customized tour requirements.
Mayur Khivasara: 09823996112
If you are unable to connect or your phone is not answered, kindly send a SMS or WhatsApp.
Cancellation Policy (for details policy please refer our website:www.backpackoutdoors.in)
• The request for cancellation and refund if any should be made in the Cancellation Form, duly signed by the traveller/guardian or by e-mail sent from the travellers personal ID.
• Cancellation request will be received during working days and during working hours. It will be processed form the time of receipt of the form or email.
• Refund will be paid by cheque only(not cash) or account transfers within 15 days of event conclusion.
• Backpack Outdoors reserves all rights to modify/change any program/event.
For any reason of cancellation, cancellation charges will be applicable as follows
• For cancellation made more than 30 days prior to departure, 90% of the program fees will be refunded.
• For cancellation made between 30 to 16 days prior to departure date, 50% of program fees will be refunded.
• No refund will be given if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to departure date of the event.
• If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
• If the event is canceled by Backpack Outdoors due to the insufficient number of people then full amount will be refunded or adjusted in next event.