Spiti is a perfect place where India and Tibet blend graciously. Ladakh’s lesser-known neighbor, Spiti Valley which means “Middle Land” also popularly known as “Little Tibet” lies between India and Tibet. A visit to Spiti Valley is like time travel. You get in a time machine and travel to a world and time unknown. Spiti is a cold desert mountain valley with barren hills, grey scree slopes, pristine lakes along with some of the world’s highest inhabited villages with beautiful monasteries perched dramatically over its landscape. It’s the perfect place to experience diverse cultures and see some of the toughest lands where cultivation happens.
A Road trip would mean travelling through some the world’s toughest roads and High Mountain passes with breath taking views.
Would you want to experience it….?
• Spiti Valley is a gorgeous snow laden barren desert with breathtaking unadulterated beauty.
• Experience diverse cultures, food and clothing
• Travel through world’s most adventurous roads via various high altitude passes – Rohtang pass, Kunzum la etc..
• Chandratal – one of the most beautiful high altitude lakes which is moon shaped
• Explore the Fossils trail in Spiti valley
• Pin Valley- The only cold desert national Park
• Chincham Bridge – Asia’s highest bridge
• Visit and experience the oldest monastery in the world
Date- 16th Aug -24th Aug 19 (15th Aug Pune departure) 9 Nights /10 Days
* Jalori Pass – Jalori Pass is a high mountain pass at an elevation of 10,800 ft above the sea level, situated in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. Jalori Pass is one of the favorite places for trekkers, bike riders and adventure lovers
* Chitkul – Chitkul is the last inhabited village near the Indo-Tibet border. The Indian road ends here. During winters, the place mostly remains covered with the snow.
* Nako & Kalpa – Nako Lake which is located amidst extremely hilly terrains. Kalpa is one of the biggest and the most beautiful villages of Kinnaur. The massive snow laden ranges which provide a regal dignity to the scene are dominated by the peak of Kinner Kailash.
* Tabo- Oldest Monastery in the world
* Mud (Pin Valley)- In Mud Village, all the mountains have different textures, colors and this is out of the world amazing experience
* Dhankar Monastery & a beautiful big town Kaza.
* Ki – Kibber – Langza, Komic- A visit to Ki Monastery, the largest one in Himachal. Kibber, Langza – highest inhabited village and Komic village – Fossil trail.
* Hikkim – world highest post office.
* Losar- It’s peaceful, soothing, and absolutely delightful. There are magnificent mountains, stunning rivers, and breathtaking vistas in Losar.
* Chandratal- Chandratal Lake “Chandra” (Moon) and “Taal” (Lake) from the crescent shape of the lake. Watch the lake change colors from crystal clear shades of blur to emerald greens by dusk.
* Gue- The 500-year-old mummified remains of the buddhist monk, Sangha Tenzin
* Manali – Hidimba Mata Temple, Mall Road, Van Vihar, Old Manali
A) Cost includes –
1. Accommodation in Hotels / Tents/ Guest Houses during the trip.
2. Veg meals (Breakfast & Dinner) while on trip
3. Transport and site seeing from Manali to Manali by Tempo traveller / SUV
4. Necessary permits
5. First aid medical kits
6. Qualified and experienced tour leader, guide, and support staff
7. Backpack Outdoors Service Charges.
B) Add Ons-
* Delhi – Manali/ Manali- Delhi volvo tickets
* Travel Insurance
C) Cost does not include –
* Pune – Delhi- Pune Train/Airfare.
* Food (lunch) other than mentioned in the Itinerary.
* Camera charges & entry fees
* Any other expenses occurring due to natural calamities or reasons beyond our control.
Contact us for any other dates or customised tour requirements.